GLOBALG.AP. Produce Handling Assurance version 1.2 is a food safety standard for the pre-process production steps after the point of harvest for crops, including cooling, packing, repack, handling, storage and shipping of produce for human consumption. Anticipated GFSI benchmarking in May 2021.
Day 1-2, online training:
- Detailed review of the PHA v1.2 General Regulations, based on the rules of the GLOBALG.A.P. Certification System.
- Detailed review of the PHA v1.2 Control Points and Compliance Criteria (CPCC).
- Focused classroom discussions on audits, case studies and scenarios, and detailed question and answer sessions to understand how the GLOBALG.A.P. System will apply in practice.
Day 3, case study and activity:
- Case study examines produce handling facility to solidify knowledge gained during the classroom training.
- This demonstration day provides insight into real audit situations, including: photo tour through a produce handling facility with focus on how the PHA system is applicable in specific produce handling situations.
- Producers & operation managers who may be audited to the GLOBALG.A.P. PHA standard.
- Auditors/inspectors for GLOBALG.A.P. IFA and/or PHA or that would like more information and experience.
- Industry professionals, retailers and others wanting to learn more about the newly GFSI recognized PHA standard.
Rebecca is GLOBALG.A.P.’s technical expert, liaison, and trainer for the North American marketplace. Rebecca joined GLOBALG.A.P. North America in October 2016 for standard development, managing the National Technical Working Group and supporting producers, certification bodies and Farm Assurers. Rebecca has been in the food sector for 10 years, with roles as a certification body program manager in auditing, orchard and dairy management, greenhouse production and teaching. She has a B.Sc. in Agriculture Science from California Polytechnic State University and is an MBA/MPA candidate at Presidio Graduate School.