This course is designed as a two day, interactive, introductory level course based on Codex Alimentarius Food Hygiene Principles that follow the 5 Preliminary Steps and 7 Principles of HACCP. Students will learn the relationship between HACCP, Food Safety, FSMA, and GFSI requirements and then apply the learnings to build a model HACCP/Food Safety Plan to reinforce their learnings.
Food safety managers, food safety auditors, quality assurance teams, regulatory affairs personnel, supervisors, HACCP team, or anyone who is interested in learning more about HACCP.
- Food Safety Laws and the Origin of HACCP
- HACCP vs. Food Safety
- Codex Alimentarius HACCP
- cGMPs & Prerequisite Programs as a foundation for HACCP
- Identify & Control Food Safety Hazards
- 5 Preliminary Steps of HACCP
- 7 Principles of HACCP
- Verification, Validation and Implementation of Effectiveness
- HACCP Plan Maintenance
- Exercises to build a model HACCP Plan
A certificate of attendance will be provided by FoodChain ID for those participants who attend and participate in the full training course.
Denise Webster is a food scientist with over 25 years of experience in food manufacturing and protecting brands. Denise has developed and implemented food safety and quality systems within a wide range of product categories and companies.